WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

[FlyFF] Penya Guide 3 - Giant Hunting

Penya Guide 3


 Giant Hunting Guide

These guides are viable and updated for the v19 version of FlyFF!

If you want to start Giant Hunting then you need to be at least level 60 to make considerable amounts of penya. Of course you can also kill lower level Giants but we want to make a lot of penya, not just a few millions. To be more precise, level 63-77 Giants are the best because players are in need of Guardian weapons instead of Historic/Angel/Legendary weapons nowadays. Why? Because when v19 came out, they balanced most of the weapons effects and only the Guardian weapons are worth using. Lusaka and Lusaka Crystal weapons are way better than Historic/Angel/Legendary weapons.

Requirements

- Level 60+

 Let's get started!

So, if you want to Giant Hunt for Guardian weapons you can make a Billposter and stay in the level range of 63-67. You can fly around and kill giant Driller to the giant Crane for Guardian weapons and then switch servers.

It's highly recommended to have a level 40 party with drop skills (Lucky Drop, Treasure Hunter). They will increase the chance of you getting better drops.


With some luck, the giants will drop Guardian weapons or green set pieces. You can sell these items for huge amounts of penya. Don't give up if they don't drop any, it's all based on luck.
NOTE: Making a Billposter is just a recommendation, it doesn't mean that the other classes are not good for Giant Hunting.

Here is a map of Darkon 1, I underlined the monsters with red (the spots where giants appear) which are the most viable nowadays. They're in the range of level 63-77 and they have the best drops when it comes to Guardian weapons.



Billposters



Billposters have buffs, tankiness and damage. This class also has a skill called "Stonehand", and when you use it, all of your attacks have a chance of stunning the enemy. Therefore, the giants will be stunned most of the time and they won't be able to attack you. Billposters can use a knuckle and a shield or a stick for self buffing. There are also AoE Billposters, but for Giant Hunting you have to go the 1v1 way.


What buffs do you need to max?

Haste, Cannon Ball, Heap Up, Beef Up, Stonehand (Leave it at level 19, instead of maxing it), Quick Step, Accuracy and later on Asmodeus.
All of the other skills are optional and depends on what you want to do.

Build example for 1v1 (non-buffed)

Strength: xxx (put as many points as you can in STR)
Stamina: 30 (should be 70 with maxxed Heap Up)
Dexterity: 43 (should be 63 with maxxed Cannon Ball)
Intelligence: 15 (1v1 Billposters don't need INT)

Awakenings

Aim for STR/CRIT/ICD/DEX awakenings and STA only if you die a lot. ICD increases your damage a lot but you should also have some critical chance for it to be viable.


Equipment


For levels 1-75 I recommend using Vagrant pieces with good/decent awakenings. If you don't have enough penya for awakened Vagrant pieces, you can use a clean level 30 set. You can get it from Reonan's chain quests or you can buy it from someone.

Use a Guardian Knuckle for levels 60-74 and, if you plan to move on and level up, at level 75 switch to a Lusaka Knuckle.
I won't go further into equipment's as this is just a guide focused on giants of level 63 to 77.
I can however make a more in-depth guide on equipments if there are requests.

Leave a comment down below if you have any questions, suggestions or requests.

Happy FlyFFing!

7 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. Hey, thanks for the guide. I recently made a Lvl. 65 BP specifically for Ghunting but I seem to be incredible squishy and weak. I got 35 STAm 43 DEX and XXX Str. I'm using a vagrant set like you recommended with +76 STR added in total and I've got some Plug Earrings.

    Even having my RM with me it gets very close because there seems to be a bug with Stonehand where the giant starts attacking very quickly and it's too much to heal. If I get crit twice when it's in its 'berserk' mode I pretty much die.

    I think I need the NPC armor since somehow at lvl 65 it is risky to kill the Giant Crane which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be happening. But then I lose all my awakes. :/ I just can't see how having Vagrant armor could ever be recommended for a BP for Ghunting unless it had lots of STA awakes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lost Soul, I'm sorry to hear that it's not working out for you. At the time of writing this guide, I was still leveling my Assist on the Clockworks server, and I was unaware of the Stun Bug. Fear not though, as there's a way to kind of avoid this bug. It's a little bit annoying and hard to do it at the beginning, but once you do it a few times, there shouldn't be any problems. Sometimes monsters attack faster when they come out of the Stun effect. A way to fix this is to run away for a while when they get out of the Stun effect. After a few seconds of running away, just attack the monster again or wait them to teleport/walk to you. Watch out for the stun effect duration (under the giant's HP) and if it gets to 0:01/0:00 maybe try to run away. If they get a hit on you, it's time to run as there's a chance that they have the frenzy on. Also, when your Stonehand buff is about to wear off, run away and re-buff yourself with it instead of staying in place near the giant. (So that he can't attack you, he will have to run towards you). You have to keep the giant's stun locked and with some critical chance, you will often knock them back when they get out of the stun effect. While killing a giant, they will often spawn some small monsters, make sure to kill those before resuming killing the giant. I have a level 67 BP with a Talin +3 set (because I couldn't afford an awakened Vagrant set at the time) with -23 STA (yes, minus) and I have 56 total STA (buffed+equip). I have no problems giant hunting, I just tested it and killed Giant Crane and Giant Syliaca. I also have no RM with me, no jewelries, no cloak and no mask. I am however using a Lusaka Knuckle since level 65 (reduction A), but this only increases my damage, not my endurance. Are you using a Guardian Knuckle? Do you have critical chance awakenings on your gloves? Maybe you can get a STA shield? Try getting some ICD on boots and suit. If you still have difficulties giant hunting consider getting some STA awakenings, or get back in touch with me and I can perhaps make a video on how I giant hunt.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the in-depth reply! I am using a Guardian Knuckle +3. My gloves are awakened to give me 8% Crit but I'm only on 20% crit with buffs. I think the main problem was to do with the Stonehand bug.
      I seem to kill the Giants a lot easier with the running away strategy. I also bought the NPC armor and it seems to be a lot safer now despite losing about 300-ish Attack Power from the STR awakes. I'm currently in search of more CRIT awakes and ICD.

      Thanks for the help,
      Eluna

      Delete
    3. I'm glad I was able to help!

      Delete
  2. Flyff is coming back in the Philippines. This would be of great help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flyff is coming back in the thailand too

    ReplyDelete